Monday 13 October 2014

Interview with Mr Galitsios


We have decided to get to know Mr Galitsios, our philosophy and theology teacher, one of the assistant managers of the school, a little better.
So during our break we interviewed him asking questions about himself and his job.


  1. What is your name? When were you born and where did you study?
-          My name is Prodrome Galitsios. I was born in 1961 and I am currently 54 years old. I finished my academic career in 1982 and studied at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.

  1. How many years have you been teaching? Where you always a high school teacher?
-          I’ve been teaching in both high schools and junior high schools since 1984
  
  1. Which one do you prefer?
-          I prefer High schools because I don’t get along with younger children, maybe because I have no patience, which I think is a great disadvantage for a teacher to have. The more patient you are, in our job, the better you do it!
   
  1. Do you like your job?
-          In my opinion it’s the best job in the world for many different reasons. Every day is a new experience full of energy and interaction with the youth. Apart from that the working hours are good, although sometimes even we teachers have homework to do back home. The most important thing is to love what you do and for this particular job you have to be cut out for it, born for it! So I don’t consider retiring at the close future because I find what I do pretty interesting!

  1. How long have you been an assistant director?
-          It will be 4 years in June, 2015 in our school, and 2 years previously in another one.

  1. Do you like it? Which are your duties as an assistant director?
-          Not at all compared to teaching. I usually do things that have nothing to do with the beauty of teaching. Typical things that concern the school generally, I deal with bureaucracy and economics.

  1. Do you remember an incident that you would like to share with us?
-          There was a student once that was having family issues and he refused repeatedly to join us in the classroom. He reacted    aggressively to all of us. So one day I left the class and found him sitting alone and started talking to him. We discussed for a while. He never stayed out of class again. The only thing that he needed was to feel that someone cares about him and shows him his interest!

  1.  What is your relationship with Sciences?
-           I get along very well with Chemistry. I really like it, especially the unpredictable results one can get from an experiment. On the other hand I don’t like Mathematics at all. Since my 2nd grade of Junior High School, this subject has become one of my worst. Nevertheless it’s a very important subject and as a science it’s the foundation of all the others. Personally, I prefer Humanities. I was always in between theology and archaeology but I ultimately chose the former one!

  1. What do you do in your free time?
-          I believe that free time is really valuable. In my free time I think about lots of things. I also search my soul through philosophy and introspecting. In addition I take walks or   read literature.

  1. Describe yourself in five words
a)      Reactionary
b)       Impulsive
c)       Fair
d)      Understanding
e)       Humorous

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us!

The interviewers
Katsigianni Viktoria
Kirimkiridou Anna-Maria
Lazopoulos John

Meliopoulou Olympia

4 comments: